1. Use reusable bags. When you are shopping bring your own reusable bags and containers to carry your thing home instead on plastic or paper bags from the store.
2. Compost your own food. You can start your own compost pile outside in your own garden, or send your food scraps to a local composter. This stops all of that extra food or lawn clippings from going into a landfill and you can use it for gardening!
3. Stop receiving unwanted mail. You can go to www.redpandatps.org and sign up to stop getting junk mail that you probably don't even open.
4. Buy things in bulk. If you buy in bulk in steed of individual packages you will save money cut down the amount of packaging.
5. Buy recycled things as much as possible. Even if the product and packaging is recyclable try to reuse everything as much as possible.
6. Recycle paper yourself. This is a fun activity for all ages to recycle old scraps of paper. It is super easy a lots of fun!
7. Use products that are reusable, refillable, or recyclable over single use products.
8. Donate your clothes. When you or your family don't use some of your clothes donate it to someone or and organization that will.
9. Eat healthy! Healthy foods like vegetables don't have as much packaging as other foods like chips. This will make your fell better and help the environment at the same time.
10. Buy what you need. This is the easiest way to cut down your waste. If you ask yourself if you really need something you could make a big change in the amour of trash that you contribute to landfills.